Monday, February 5, 2018

Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

I must admit, that I have this passion for tomatoes, mostly red ripe tomatoes whether they would be the large beefsteak, the Roma, or the cherry and even more cute little succulent sweet grape tomatoes, which I have used in this recipe for my Roasted Tomatoes, although the recipe I followed was Cherry tomatoes!
The best part of these yummy tomatoes, is that you could roast them in a 'jiffy' at a high temperature whole, in one of your nice ovenware casseroles, especially a clean white ceramic casserole to show it off...from oven, to table. You just have to add some fresh chiffonade cut basils. (chiffonade=a few leaves of basils stacked up and rolled up in cigar fashion, and sliced thin)
What I love about these little beauties, is that you can dip some crusty baguette or rustic Italian bread pieces to dip in and sop up all the juices from the tomatoes, fresh garlic and olive oil, to make it a perfect rustic appetizer. Also, you can combine fresh angel hair spaghetti and it will make a perfect meal with a side salad! Can't brag enough about this amazing roasted tomatoes, so I will just share the recipe with you that I got from Ina Garten...enjoy!

Roasted Cherry (or grape) Tomatoes






Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the tomatoes lightly with olive oil on a sheet pan. Spread them out into one layer and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
Transfer the tomatoes to a serving platter and sprinkle with basil leaves and sea salt. Serve hot or at room temperature.

5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Simple and yummy, Liz. I save this for the tomato season! The tomatoes in supermarkets don't taste that good at the moment.

Joyful said...

They do look beautiful, especially against the white casserole dish.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I too love to roast cherry tomatoes- so easy and so tasty

Ruxana Gafoor said...

Looks so good,would go well with bread..

PH said...

On yes, I love these too Elisabeth! The tomatoes become so sweet and sticky and I find them great with roasted meats. They look very pretty too.