Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taste Pavilion, and Book Signing, from Chef Tyler Florence!


As I mentioned in my previous post...here we are at the Taste Pavilion, on the second day, November 5th. at the Metreon! I happened to stop by the Alexia station to sample their delicious Sweet Potato Bites. Spicy, light and totally addictive.
Judy's Breadsticks lovesticks...all organic incredible, crispy, and so delicious!
These amazing breads are all organic, and vegan. I enjoyed the bread with cream cheese spread...had at least 3 pieces...yumm!
Lynda Najarian...Creative Director-Founder

Different kinds of fig dips featured...on the left, and right is pork tenderloin on skewers

Lettuce wraps, a huge favorite of mine...from ALASKA SURIMI SEAFOODS!
The famous Warren Pears...so sweet, and juicy!
Food tasting is not complete...unless you can have cupcakes with the creamiest swirled frosting!
I decided to check out the terrace, and of course...the VIEW!
I met some feathered friends, who were also checking out the view!
The BEST part was, Celebrity Chef, Tyler Florence...from the Food Network, signing his newest copy of his cookbook!...I missed out on getting a book...sigh!
Another magnificent view, from the terrace!...a cloudy, windy, and chilly day, but the photos turned out great!
Chef Tyler Florence came back to the Grand Hyatt Hotel where we were staying...just happened to catch him outside and asked if I could take his picture...he was ever so gracious, and said yes. He then asked me if I would like to have my picture taken with him...wow! I was not expecting that, from my all-time favorite celebrity chef from the Food Network! He is so, so creative, talented, and super laid back kind of person!
Patience is a VIRTUE...and patient, I was! I could not get through the crowd at the Book signing, to meet him in person, and unexpectedly I met him, afterwards. Later on, for the Gala Dinner, he gave us a fabulous cooking demo, that was equally laid back, and done with ease, and sheer casual, but with elegance, that only Chef Tyler Florence can do! Looks like I have more to show you of this unforgettable event!


Enhanced by Zemanta

33 comments:

Dzoli said...

Great stuff,fun and yummy day by the look of it;)

Seafalcon said...

Élveztem a beszámolód!

Bianka said...

Tetszik, ennyi finomságot. Jól nézel ki a képen

Shabs said...

woowow, Thanx for sharing your adventures , it was fun and you look very pretty in the pic :).

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Oh I love the last picture Elisabeth! Much better to see the photo in the big screen computer than from your camera! Gee, you are so lucky!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures from the festival!

honey82 said...

Ciao Bella!!
Da te ci sono sempre cose e argomenti interessanti,accompagnati da foto bellissime,complimenti!!!
Hai uno splendido sorriso!!;-)
Un bacio
Daiana

Rosemary said...

Oh, sounds like you had a ball! Your picture with Tyler Florence is just great! Too bad about the book, though. I love the looks of all that food but I love those lettuce wraps best. Can't wait to see more. One of these years, I've got to go!

claudia @Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Lucky lady nice to have to meet him, and the photo is beautiful! I love that fig and pork together, then the cheeses, I got full looking at all the foods you got to eat.. sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime.. nice job with capturing them moments!

Patty said...

I love Tyler Florence!!!
You look cute together!!!

laurie said...

oh my gosh, I forgot everything I was to comment on after I saw your beaming smile with Tyler,, oh my gosh,, you are a lucky lady, its good to know he is just as he seems, I loved the show with the cheffs in the food trucks,, it was amazing,, we don't have those in our town,, oh I'm off track,, sorry.Your photos are lovely,, such a wonderful selection to sample, it looks like an amazing time,

Mary said...

This sounds like you had a great time. That photo is certainly one for the memory books:-) This was my first visit to your blog, but I'll be back. I've done some browsing and reallyl ike the food and recipes you share with your readers. Ihope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Hyosun Ro said...

What a great picture of you and the chef! Looks like you had so much fun. Happy for you.

wendyweekendgourmet said...

Lucky duck...Tyler is such a cutie AND a fantastic chef! Looks like you had fun...I'm going to try my best to make it out to SF next year. I hope you're there as I'd love to meet in person!

Ellie Great said...

Your blog looks yum!

Foodness Gracious said...

Great recap and awesome pics, I was bummed I missed the party! To meet Tyler like that is a total scoop for you, well done,
Take care

emma said...

So great you got to meet a celebrity chef Elisabeth!

Am enjoying your photos from SF immensely, thanks for sharing them :)

Kathy said...

Love the photo of you and Tyler. How cool to run into him outside the hotel and have your photo taken with him! So glad you had a good time!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Loves all your photos and the all the yummy delicious goodies, oh.... my... I loves them all.
You look beautiful *hugs*
Glad that you really enjoy your trip.
Have a beautiful day.

visda said...

Great posts on festival. It was nice meeting you at the Elisabeth. Hope you had a safe trip back home. I love your pictures, especially the one you got with Tyler Florence in front of the hotel last minute.;-)

Kimby said...

Thank you so much for the photo tour and first-hand-write up of this fantastic event -- especially the part about you and your chance meeting (and photo) with Tyler Florence! Sounds like a good time was had by all -- especially you! :) So happy for you!

Gina said...

How cool you caught up with him later! You took lots or really great pics. Fun to see what you saw and great being there with you too. Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
-Gina-

Chic & Gorgeous Treats said...

Hi Elisabeth! What a great write up on the foodbuzz festival. I think the best moment is you having a photo taken together with Chef Tyler Florence. Btw, thanks for highlighting to me on the linking back in my posts. Made me realised that it was not done right, and I have now gone back in and fix up the issue. I am still drafting my posts and can't wait to share with everyone on what else we did togehter. Take care my friend. Hugssss, Jo

Junia said...

gaSP!!! picture with a celebrity?! you so lucky!!! what a way to finish the foodbuzz event. all the food looks so good, esp. those lettuce wraps!!

wanna said...

Csodás élményben volt részed, és általad, nekünk is. Személyesen megismerkedni neves séfekkel, mint Tyler Florence és még fotózkodni is :), szuper!
Én is nagyon kedvelem a grissinit, a saját sütésű kenyereket, a körtét, nyersen vagy grillezve. Szívesen betérnék én is egy ilyen Taste Pavilonba"

Gizi said...

Csodálatos!! Csodálatos ez a sok finomság. Jó nagyokat nyelek, és sóvárogva nézem a képeket. Minden egytől-egyig egy ételköltemény.
Gratulálok a híres séffel készült képhez. Nagyon jól néztek ki egymás mellett, csinos vagy. Sokkal nagyobb élményben lehetett így részed, mintha a könyve dedikálásán a közelébe kerültél volna.

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Glad to see that you got to meet Tyler Florence! :) Nice pictures!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} said...

I enjoyed reading about your travels to SF. Looks like you had a wonderful time! All the photos are so beautiful, thanks for sharing Elisabeth

Angie's Recipes said...

Patience is virtue, isn't it! You certainly had some great time in SF.

Sandra said...

Just checked both posts this one and the latest one..and I am sooo happy that you had a chance to attend foodbuzz festival, and of course I love seeing your photos!

egycsipet said...

Továbbra is fantasztikus ételeket mutatsz nekünk, azok a kenyerek csodásak!
Na és, hogy végül sikerült egy közös fotót készítenetek a séffel! Egy dedikált könyv semmi ehhez képest! ;)

mangiabella said...

what a fabulous pic of you two - so awesome!

Michelle Smith said...

You are such a lucky and beautiful gal!!! :)

Magic of Spice said...

How fun! Love the pic of you two :)