Monday, September 13, 2010

Comfort Food-Lunch For Ten

Shrimp is another staple I keep lately in the freezer, because we get the best frozen, as well as the fresh shrimp, of course. 24oz. of large shrimp from our local Publix market, $11.99. is a real bargain, and oh, so good.  Sauteed just with olive oil, garlic, and butter, with spiced with my favorite Hungarian hot paprika, fresh parsley, and fresh lemon. Served over jasmine rice. All of these items, is a must have in my kitchen. I can't say, that I get anywhere from 4 to 14 people dropping in, (I would not tolerate that.) That was in the days when I was growing up, in our family home. My Mom would feed the whole neighborhood just with her huge pots of home made soups. I can say, that I do get 10 people, just about every Sunday, my 2 children, their spouses and their children, 2 for each.(4) and my ex-husband.(you can never really get away from a Sicilian...LOL)Family gatherings are always nice. You don't have to wait for a holiday to have them. I live on the beach now, practically my back yard, so everyone enjoys the beach, and the large Olympic pool. The beach is private, so we don't have to venture out to a public beach. My condo apartment is small, but just the right size for me. If anybody feels like cooking in the closet, well, that would be me. Both my children have nice fairly large kitchens, with plenty of counter space, well, I have a "shoebox" of a kitchen, but then, I have the vast ocean ground to make up for it...LOCATION, LOCATION! That's the "key."
I used the Moroccan spice blend to rub on the chicken, and also baked the baby sweet potatoes along side. Roasted the the ripe peaches and plums to have them with the chicken, also.
The potatoes take less time to roast than the chicken, so you have to remove them after about 45 minutes/
Broccoli spears, steamed and dressed with your favorite vinaigrette.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Serene said...

Ooh, is your daughter's bolognese recipe up anywhere? I'd love to try it.

Elisabeth said...

Hi Serene,
Thank you for commenting. I did post my daughter's recipe...copied and pasted it from her blog. I would not change a thing. It's a family comfort food, always hits the "spot."

Belinda said...

That ragu sounds too good - especially with that hunk of black gold!

Elisabeth said...

Actually it's a solid block of gold. That is the hunk of Parmigiana from Italy. That hunk alone was at least 10lbs.

ANNA said...

i like this shrimp recipe i will do!!!
ciao Anna

Elisabeth said...

Cara Anna,
Non si sara mai andare con gambaretti. Sto seguendo il tuo blog. Commentera piu tardi!
Ciao!