Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Electrolux, and Kelly Ripa Confidential Tea Party Event

Electrolux, and Kelly Ripa are hosting a tea party, and I as a proud Featured Publisher would like to host my own tea party the the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Electrolux will donate $1. to the Ovarian Research Fund when I host my tea party outfit. Foodbuzz in return, will donate $50. to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund for every tea party recipe created by a Featured Publisher.
Visit the website of Kelly, @ Kelly Confidential for more information, of how you can donate to Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
For me, personally, it's an honor to participate in the memory of my own mother Ana-(aka) Anushka, who lost her battle with ovarian cancer, a long time ago.

Chocolate Chip Shortbread
adapted from Family Circle, Dec, 2008


Start out with the Basic Sugar Cookie Dough, 
and add 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


! 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bow, beat butter, and sugar until smooth, about 2 minute. Beat in egg, and vanilla
On low speed, beat in flour mixture until just combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Unwrap plastic, and press into a 9 inch round, fluted nonstick tart pan, with a removable bottom.
Score into 16 pie-shaped wedges, (be sure not to cut all the way through.)

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.

For Glaze:

Melt 3 Tablespoons seedless raspberry (I used boysenberry) preserves and drizzle over top of tart.
Cut into wedges, along the scored lines, and serve.

In honor of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, I pulled out my mother's famous Hungarian Herend tea set service for 6, from my sacred credenza, (that's like a shrine) since the day she passed away, has not been used, only carefully packed and placed in the safe hutch, just to gaze at it, and remind me of the fond memories of my mother.
Just look at this gorgeous Herend sugar bowl, so delicate and such detailed art-work. This is so expensive, especially now...I don't even think they make this particular pattern, or set any more. 18 carat gold trimming, as well.( My hands are shaking, as I'm typing, tears running down my face, I am overcome with sadness, and happy tears, at the same time.) I have to hurry and finish this post...I have exactly 45 minutes to send this post in!
This is the Herend tea pot. I'm so afraid to even touch it...not alone serve tea in it...(strictly show-and-tell)
Now, I'm really "emotional"...I'm actually using this 1939 "hurricane glass" cake stand, belonging to my aunt Mariskaneni.(aunt Mariska)...I cherish this gorgeous turquoise color plate, reminds me of the ocean.
Moving on to a recent "Tea Party" happy event, just less than a week ago, for St. Patrick's day with my two sweet and precious granddaughters, Gabriella, and Sophia...at a real Tea House, here, locally, in West Palm Beach...how "apropo!"
The tea house if equipped with various hats that you can actually wear while you are enjoying your favorite tea, and tea sandwiches, or other goodies!
My tea was a truly refreshing Mango-Raspberry Tea...
My tea sandwich was an egg sandwich on whole grain bread, with tomato slices and lettuce, with a side of red potato skin salad...Yumm! I would love to have you as a guest when you come to Florida to visit. Such a lovely little Tea House in an actual 1920's antique cottage!

This is the parlor where you wait to be seated...or hang out, after the Tea Party to have your picture taken!


Here are 3 beautiful hats to wear when you come to the Tea House to join me! So, which one do you like?


42 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Could I come over for the tea? :-)) I love your (your mother) tea set. Very very pretty.
You look great and sunny with the green hat. :-))

wendyweekendgourmet said...

Love your recipe...and sorry to hear you lost your mama to ovarian cancer. I hope we raise a ton of money for research and awareness with this project! I'm sure this post meant a great deal to you...great job!

Lori Lynn said...

Ooh a unique addition to the party!

Looks like you had a great time with your darling granddaughters.

Sorry to read about your mom...that sure is a gorgeous tea set. I hope your memories comfort you.
LL

Adriana said...

I'm amazed at what just a little bit of melted preserves can bring to an already fantastic baked good. Love both your tea set and Lora's!

Christine Wu said...

The shortbread looks so good! And your grandkids are so lucky to have grandmother like you :)

Pegasuslegend said...

Awe how adorable this post is you did an awesome job for the cause!

Michael Toa said...

Mango Raspberry tea sounds delicious. Pear caramel tea is my favourite. I'll bring it over when I come and visit you someday.
What a fabulous tea party and for such great cause too. :)

Lilla said...

Brava!

Kati said...

Beautiful cake stand and Herend tea set service.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Elizabeth,
What a lovely Tea Party. The food was divine and your Mothers Tea Service is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your party with us.
Best Wishes,
Miz Helen

Foodafok said...

Dear Elisabeth
This cookie looks delicious. If I have time, I'll look your blog. Congratulation to it, and please look my blog, because I would like to give you an Award. http://usubufood.blogspot.com/2011/03/dijak-es-teli-alom.html

Magic of Spice said...

What a perfect tribute to your mother and such a wonderful example of loveliness you and your granddaughters display. This is a wonderful recipe and delightful treat! The presentation is just warm and gorgeous.

SlipperCityCakes said...

That looks sooooo good! I especially love the raspberry on top! Great addition to the tea party! - Elyse @The Cultural Dish

Swathi said...

Elisabeth,the cookie looks awesome. Nice tea set,yes it is precious as it belongs your mother. Nice clicks. love to sip that tea.

Patty said...

That looks like so much fun...what a lovely thing to do...

Lizzy said...

Lizzie, what an exquisite tea set...I wouldn't use it either! Such a beautiful tribute to your mom...I know she lives on through you, your children and grandchildren. Your cookie looks delicious!

Kathy said...

Elizabeth, I think you are a kindred spirit. First, I absolutely love your gorgeous tea set. I have an antique set that was given to us as a wedding gift. I used it once and almost dropped the cup…held it in my hand with hot tea pouring on me. I don't use it anymore. Second, I took my daughter and granddaughter to a Tea House by me. We had so much fun. They had the hats to wear and cute little tea pots. It was such a girly thing to do. Your granddaughters are beautiful! So nice for you to spend time with them. Third, your shortbread looks so delicious!

Mateja ^_^ said...

Lovley party for a great cause! How wonderful that you had tea with your grandaughters- precious!!!!! Wouldn't mind to join you for some of your delicious Chocolate Chip Shortbread
and tea. Have a great evening Elisabeth :)

aipi said...

Perfect tea party for a noble cause. I've recently discovered that tea can be good cold and now I find it very refreshing especially fruit flavored. Very nice post and great storytelling.

Loved your chocolate chip short bread and that drizzle is luscious..

US Masala

Reeni said...

Your chocolate chip shortbread looks delectable! The tea house is so cute and charming!

Bromography said...

A lovely tea!

Junia said...

ahhhh yay, so glad to see fellow bloggers participating in the tea party!! love the jam shortbread recipe!! and the actual tea party :)!

Lin Ann said...

What a lovely tea party and gorgeous tea set! So very special. So sorry to hear about your mom. Good luck with the event and you're helping a great cause.

Firefly@fireflyblog.org said...

Oh that tea set is so pretty :) I love tea sets so much! Yummy tea party love the food :)

Butrcreamblondi said...

What a lovely post Elisabeth, thanks for sharing! Beautiful tea set and I love the "hurricane glass" cake stand! Shortbread looks great too :)

mia xara said...

Loved the tea party,the tea house,the chocolate chip shortbread with the raspberry drizzle!Also loved the BBQ ribs in your previous post!Now,how on earth can I get them off my mind and go to sleep??? XO

ping said...

What a lovely tea set! I've always believed pretty things are to be used and not kept away. Each time we use it, we are reminded of the lovely memories that came with it. I'm sure that tea set was super happy that day!

Monet said...

Oh sweet woman...how I long to come over to your house for a cup of tea. What a hard week this has been...and your words have been such a support. Thank you for bringing some brightness into my long day. I appreciate you! And of course, I love these sweets :-)

mangiabella said...

beautiful tea set, beautiful cookie, beautiful thing you are doing....God Bless you now and always

Gina said...

How perfect. I'm sorry about your mom, so glad you have such sweet memories of her. I love her tea set, never seen one so beautiful. I'd of loved to have sat in on your party.
-Gina=

Biren said...

Everything looks so pretty especially your mom's tea set. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Katrina said...

Thanks for sharing this post and the memories of your mom. ♥- Katrina

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Elizabeth, your mother's tea set is absolutely beautiful and what a treasured possession! The tea party with your granddaughters looks like so much fun :o) And last but not least, your shortbread looks and sounds delicious. A piece of it would be lovely with my cup of coffee right now :o)

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

WOW these look wonderful! We are having a CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE linky party over at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! We would LOVE for you to link up your chocolate recipe.. it's gonna be a really SWEET week, we hope you stop by and link up!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

Lizzy said...

Hi, again! I found my cupcake corer at Target...only a few dollars :)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am so excited to see you here today. It is just wonderful that you brought your Tea Party (which I love) for all of us to enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

Bob West said...

Very Interesting blog. I am now a follower. I thought you might want to check out Paradox Principles as well. Some food for the Spirit.
All the best, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2011/03/reversing-your-thinking.html

Tücsök Bogár said...

Szia!
Szeretnék valamit továbbadni Neked! Kérlek kukkants be hozzám!
http://tucsokbogar.blogspot.com/2011/03/pizzagolyok-nappali-fenyben-dijak-egy.htm

Pacheco Patty said...

Elizabeth you have outdone yourself with this tea party and your mom's tea set is the prettiest one I've seen. I would cherish it too;-)

Anna C said...

Elisabeth, this is such a lovely tribute to your mom. The tea set is so beautiful, and of course must hold such precious memories for you. It's wonderful that your granddaughters were able to join you at the Tea Party.

Sandra said...

Oh Elisabeth what a wonderful tea party! Beautiful sweet treats and all the little ladies look adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more
than just your articles? I mean, what you say
is fundamental and everything. However think of if you added some great visuals
or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images
and videos, this blog could certainly be one of the greatest in its
field. Very good blog!
My web site > Lexington Law