Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Butternut Squash, with Organic Rainbow Chard

Today, was one of those days when I decided to make something with ingredients I already had in my frig, but instead, I ended up using ingredients that my daughter had in her frig when I went to her house. She did the same thing, but for using stuff to make her cake. We both scoured through and found the perfect things. She had roasted butternut squash the other day, and it was the perfect solution for me to create a nice dish. I certainly used my favorite Indian curry, and  favorite Hungarian paprika...a combination that is a "winner" 




  Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

HGourmet Foodie said...

love the color of this dish. Butternut squash has a sweet and mellow flavor that goes well indian spice...

aipi said...

Elisabeth- I am totally in love with the color of your dish..butternut squash is my fav in the squash family..n this looks so appetizing!

US Masala

Gina said...

This sounds good, I made a butternut squash soup the other night and I want to make some more butternut squash recipes before it's not in the market anymore. I love chard, my mom always made it for us. I bet it was good with the spices.
-Gina-

Padhu said...

Looks colorful and delicious!! Do drop by http://www.padhuskitchen.com
when u find time

Priya said...

Very delicious and wonderful looking dish..

Pegasuslegend said...

this is gorgeous in color looks fantastic!

Michael Toa said...

sounds and looks delicious. so comforting.
Have a nice day. Michael

Magic of Spice said...

Wow...that looks fantastic, and from the sounds of it would taste the same :)

Mireille Derrien said...

Looks like the perfect fall recipe, deliciously tempting!!!

Shanthi said...

Sounds interesting and unique
http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

Luna's Recipes said...

Such beautiful and invited colours... Mouth watering actually!..